Saturday, November 8, 2008

A New (Birth)Day

Hiya, everybody! Happy Birthday to all of you who had a birthday yesterday--like me!

First, I opened lots of presents. I got lots of new books, some clothes, and new shoes--oh! and I can't forget about the moolah. Cash is always great. We are in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, so I better put the coinage away in a safe place--but not the stock market . . .

And I got a microphone, so I can continue to sing lead in my band, Lexie and the Adventure Femmes . . .



. . . and some new earrings. A lead singer's gotta look great, you know, standing up there in front of all her fans!


Roll the tape!:



And then we ate a red velvet cake that Mami made for me. Eating cake was a new experience, one I hope to repeat over and over and over again.




Here's some footage:


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

barriowolf said...

Happy Birthday Lexie!!

One year old is the new six months.
You are not getting older you're getting better.

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday, Lexie. That cake sure looked good!

Ma Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Lexie:


Happy Birthday from your uncle??????

Tony.

beth said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Lexie!
beth